Friday 10 May 2013

BFG

Our local theatre company is performing this awesome story from the book by Roald Dahl.
The boys attend a local homeschool drama class during the week and I wanted to show them what real live Drama was all about. I hadn’t taken Mr Ed to the theatre for years and poor second child Mr K, never!
 
They loved it. It was a prefect start to what I hope will be many more experiences at the theatre. It sparked the kids imagination to make their own theatre.
A puppet theatre!!!

We used the little wooden people from our Dolls house. The string didn’t hold very well, but that made the show more funny.
I helped the boy’s with drawing different scenes on felt, which they then cut out. Using felt means they could change the scenes easily. They came up with the scenes and story by themselves. Perhaps next week when drama comes around, they will be running out to the car ready to go, without me even asking.
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment