Sunday 25 November 2012

Turning 30




Recently someone we love very much turned 30. Where have the years gone and what have we been doing all this time? Did you have these thoughts as you hit 30?? My friends tell me they are normal, but as I approach the big 30 myself I can’t help feeling like I’m the only one who’s scared (just a little) by this. I'm really really not ready to be here yet. Lucky I have a few months left to come to terms with it. And until then, I can poke fun at the Birthday boy instead.
 
 

Nothing like cooking chocolate cake to take my mind off it all, right? Ok…. So those that know me well, know that me and cooking do NOT go well together. I know that a lot of women like to cook for enjoyment and to relax, but for me it’s just another job. I’d much rather put some headphones on and run a few kilometres than do cooking. But, on this page it’s all about following the interest of the boy’s right? So they wanted to make a cake for Mr D’s Birthday and so we did! Mmmmm yes, we certainly explored this chocolate cake making session. What fun we had heheh



Nothing too fancy, but enough to say 'Welcome home, we love you (No matter how old you are'.)
 


I guess at the end of the day, it's not how old you are, but about the family and friends that stand by you, that love and support you and that continue to enjoy being around you, despite your age. After all, it is just a number right??
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on getting a blog up and running. I'm absolutely loving it, and that's just after only three posts. I'm already inspired (by the frog pond) LOVE IT!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I just found this comment! I'm so not used to this type of communication, so I can't wait to sit with you and you can teach me all the hints. Thank you for introducing me to the word of Blogging. xoxo

    ReplyDelete